5 reasons why illustrating is the best job EVER!



1. You can achieve your goal of reading a million books

Audiobooks are my best friend. I am not normally a great multi-tasker, but for some reason drawing is different. I can listen to audiobooks, podcasts, or my favorite music to keep me inspired. I can't do that with anything else.

2. You are GETTING PAID for DRAWING

What more can be said? Since this is my first illustrating job that wasn't for a family member, I was willing to get paid a super small amount. But it's still something, and next time I will have the confidence to ask for more. The most important thing is the experience, though, which as I mentioned in an earlier blog post is priceless.

3. You have something to show for afterwards

Seeing your illustrations in print is the most rewarding thing ever, even if you just used the Apple photo book printer to print one copy of your book for your niece, which is what I had to do because I didn't have time to do anything else. Let me tell you that is NOT a reccomended way of going about it, but the product did come on time and it was just cool to see my hard work in its proper form.

4. You can work from home

Or, if you have an iPad Pro like me, you can work from ANYWHERE. #ipadprolove

5. It's FUN

When I'm stuck with artists block, I'd rather do anything other than draw another pig. But for the most part, the experience has been one of the most amazing ones in my life. Sure, there will be times when you want to throw your iPad pro onto the ground (hopefully you have a matte screen protector) but other times you will feel profoundly blessed, and it is totally worth it.

Good luck! Keep drawing! And make sure to leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you think illustrating being a full time job. What are your favorite or least favorite parts of drawing for money?

4 comments:

  1. Great blogpost, Zoe! And I really like the smiling face too. A+ Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondefull.
    I try to learn drawinng. Also I wanted to use an iPad Pro, but it's hard, I think I have not talent for that :) . However I keep trying.
    Nice blog, you have inspired me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear that! thank you :) and good luck!

      Delete